Sunday 18 September 2016

Meeting French Colleagues and Volley Ball!

This weekend has been sooooo busy, but it's so good to have so many plans! **please please read the English errors section after the end of this post-----it's made a lot of people laugh!**

Saturday!

I've finally met the lovely lady who is my mentor for my assistantship! Her name is Caroline and has a heart of gold - I'm unbelievably lucky. We met at Douai train station yesterday, where she and her husband (also a maths teacher at my school) picked me up and took me to both the schools that I would be working at. Not only did they show me the schools, but they took me from the train stations in Vitry and Biache and showed me the routes I should take! Suuuuuuuper kind!

After these useful journeys I met Caroline's children and we went to Buffalo Grill - a huge steak house! There I met other colleagues from the school and we had a fantastic time. To celebrate my birthday (despite it being a little late) Caroline brought me a cocktail, my meal and then lots of French books - WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE HER?!

If you like piña coladas...

After this we went shopping...which was also a strange experience Saturday with these strange beings....






They were randomly walking round posing for photos! Very odd, but kind of cool! I'm saving my money up but it was good to go into more and more French boutiques! I also met some more of Caroline's family Saturday and was so tired being out the house from 9h-18h but it was toooootally worth it! 

What's proving a little tricky at the moment is administration *yay* but hopefully I'll have a bank account by next week...and possible Erasmus forms sorted? Or in the process? It's nice to be hopeful. I'd recommend to anyone to get the Erasmus stuff sent to the mentor ASAP, as you never know how long it is going to take - the questions are proving tricky for les ch'tis!

Match du Volley!

My French friend Marie invited me to her first volley ball match of the season today, which was so cool! Not only did I really enjoy the fast pace, action and easy rules, but I've upped my sporting vocab in French quite a bit too! Was so much fun to sit and watch all the action unfold, the time went so fast! (Which is good in some ways as I was up at 7am!!!)

I've took a few snaps!

















Some classic French moves here!

Read my next post on English Errors! I was going to put it here...but it deserves its own space!


No comments:

Post a Comment