Thursday 8 September 2016

I'm in France!

After a car ride, 3 train journeys and another car ride...I'm in Douai! Douai is around 20-30 mins away from Lille city centre.

Yesterday was tiring but it went really fast. Wasn't too long until I was with the French Family! The Eurostar takes you into Lille Europe and from there we went to Douai - or home as I should start calling it.
The Euro football sign - sorry Matt it probably does have an official kind of name 

A funky piece of artwork!

Marie, Isabelle and Me :) 

I spent most of the evening yesterday unpacking into my new room, merci beaucoup Marie!! I live in a huge loft conversion with my own shower (I'm extremely happy about this), I couldn't have wished for a better room to feel at home with.

Lille is super hot at the moment - a shock as the North is usually as bad for weather as England - but yesterday it was 30 degrees and today 25! It's looking to stay (hopefully) for the entire weekend too. I've never wanted a cool breeze so much as when trying to sleep! 

Today I'm off to sort out my French bank account, find the train station and buy a toothbrush - what idiot forgets that?! Me. We all have to forget something I guess! I've got to be very observent today so I can remember where all the key points in town are, so I can get the train to places with ease! Later on I'm seeing Marie and then this evening I think is just chilling - but who knows! 

I'm looking forward to going out today, things still feel a bit strange so it will be nice to keep my mind occupied! Miss you family! 
Isabelle has recommended me to start keeping a diary in French to practise grammar, vocab etc so this should be fab (along with the library :D )

CANT WAIT FOR MATT TO ARRIVE!

I'll check in again soon.

JR

PS.


Have a nose at my room!






No comments:

Post a Comment