Wednesday 1 March 2017

A little catch up on my Vie Française


Hello after a busy February month!

It's very unlike me not to blog once a week...let alone leaving this for a month! The difficulty when having a blog, is sticking to it like glue - we all know how long a diary lasts for normally! Despite this, I'm back in France after February half term at home!

Yes, the week after my famous 'literary paris trip' with Vanessa, I headed home for February. I booked the tickets home in advance after Christmas, to spend more than two weeks at home in 9 months!
I had an extremely fantastic time, spending the first week with my family and the second a mix of family and friends!





 






I also got taken to see Deaf Havana and for cocktails! You can say I had a very lucky half term!










Coming back to France was never going to be easy for me. I hate saying goodbye to my family. I really think it would be better to throw me on the train and let me cry it out than the suspense of waiting for trains! I don't think saying goodbye will ever get easy. At Nottingham it became one of the worst things for me, saying goodbye after a weekend at home, or a weekend visit from family, saying goodbye to certain a certain Australian and all my American pals, it never went well. Even now, almost three years on, I can't say goodbye! I get really angry at myself, telling myself I love my life in France, why should this be so difficult, but it hurts in my heart and that's all there is to it. My nan tells me I cannot change who I am, so this is me, Jessica who cries when saying goodbye. On the plus side, at least it shows I care!

Coming back to France has began really well thanks to daylight saving - god bless you mother nature.
 
At 7AM there is now light on the way to work! I've never felt so happy! The photos above are taken on the way into Vitry, how pretty! After two weeks and maybe a little more, I've also gone back to exercising and walking lots again! It really does make me feel better.
I've loved getting back into the swing of things with routine, work and of course friends!  The French family have informed me my accent hasn't changed lots since going to England for two weeks, so hopefully there's some progression there that's stuck!

Pancake day came a little late but it happened for us in Douai, in a little crêperie in town. Vanessa and I braved the rough weather to have an after lunch "snack", or a greedy one..including lovely cider!
What more could you ask for!
This week is also about home comforts! I forgot mine after a hectic and chaotic last Friday at home..so now I have a very expensive French equivalent! Nearly 3 pounds for a box of 25 tea bags...not fun but comfort pays!
This week is also the beginning of more grammar, more reading and delving more into lovely literature ideas. I've began to realise how much I love writing and have applied to write for some free online French magazines, as well as keeping more articles for my own platform! I've realised my written French isn't half as good as my speaking and now I'm aiming to improve this - Proust can help right?

It's all about the culture. This weekend I'm having a lovely catch up with my friend Julia, before a chaotic week staying at many French houses, before stopping at Nia's for an adventure to Paris! It's all go go go from here on in, let's hope I've got enough time to do it all. 

Only two months left in the French job..eeeeee! Stay tuned!

JR 

xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment